Thursday 8 September 2011

Agreed. I find it infuriating that their politically correct tolerance is so intolerant of many of the things I tolerate.

Which brings me to their misuse of the word tolerate. Tolerate means put up with something that you may not like at all. It does not mean accept or approve of. Pain is something which we tolerate until it becomes unbearable. But the BBC use 'tolerate' as if to mean accept and approve of or even prefer.

I tolerate homosexuality, Islam, immigration, even people being wrong and stupid and crazy.

I do not tolerate the EU taking the piss, the government listening and agreeing and taking insane, futile and self-destructive action on the 'catastrophic human induced climate change' theories, or being taxed till the pips squeek so that pen pushers can waste even more money creating more ways to impede private enterprise from being successful.

The BBC think that I should actually approve of those things and call it tolerance.

No comments:

Post a Comment